Mark your calendars for Sunday, August 7, 2016 from 4 p.m to 7 p.m. in Dellwood Park (S.E. Corner of Clifton and South Ponce de Leon) for a “Stop the Road Reunion.” This event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Judge Clarence Seeliger’s ruling that ended the threat of an expressway through our neighborhood and parks. There will be Bar B Que catered by Low Country; salads and vegetarian sandwiches; plus, beer, wine and children’s drinks for a small fee. The food will be free and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Also on hand that day will be:
- Safe and fun tree climbing for children and bold adults
- Live Music
- We Stopped the Road T-Shirts (on sale)
- Lots of memorabilia on display from all the folks that banded together to STOP the Road; and people manning the display tables to answer your questions and tell you great stories!
- A one-hour panel discussion and question and answer period all about stopping the expressway
- Meet actual people who were involved 25 years ago and see how well they’ve aged!
- Our Congressman, HON. JOHN LEWIS, who helped so much to defeat the Expressway, is our honorary chairman.
Plan to come early or late—stay for the whole thing or just a part. Enjoy a day in the linear park saved by our stop the road forces.
To RSVP: contact Sandra Kruger at Sandy@AtlantaOlmstedPark.org